Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Voice In My Head

Today I was seeing or to put it rightly I was staring at the image I have chosen to be displayed on this blog... The one which has these beautiful fragile flowers that are rising from the ground to the sky. What made me choose this particular Image? I like this picture, these flowers captured the essence of thoughts.
I pictured thoughts like these flowers, thousands of them springing from the fertile grounds of our mind and presenting themselves. This is a never ending process. Our mind is always working - even when we are sleeping (dreams), all these thoughts go on and on.
Few years back I attended a yoga class. There I was introduced to the art of meditation (It's another story whether I continued to practice what I learned!!!) We were taught the techniques of calming our minds and knowing the actual thoughts that's running in our mind.
At any time you just give a pause to the activity that your doing and hear to that 'voice' in your head - yep to that all familiar voice. It says so many things at a time. You want to know what my mind is saying right now - "clean up the house, wash those dishes in the sink they have been there from yesterday, throw the garbage out... Did you water those plants? When will you get back to the C book that your supposed to read now? Oh that mystery novel is so tempting its sitting right next to you... come on read it - just few pages.... When will you complete the subject books???.... I am hungry... What's there for lunch?"

This is just a small segment of thoughts that are going through my head now. Just like in the picture where some flowers are in the focus while some are not so are the thoughts. After few minutes you forget what you were thinking. You may recall it or just like these fragile flowers they are lost forever.
How can one capture these thoughts? Can anyone accomplish all the things they think of?I guess we cant... All we can do is divert these thoughts in one single channel and try to achieve the goals. In this process we leave behind so may things, we could have done, so many different lives we could have lived...
All that matters is what are our priorities and what are you going to about them? and the single most important question "Am I doing right???"
Thus we are all guided, saved, ridiculed, confused and many time tortured by this voice - The Voice In My Head.

No comments: